My Photo
Name:
Location: Ohio, United States

I am on a fantastic journey, embracing life with everything I've got!

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

An Angel's Brief Visit

I have just now been able to stop crying--after the last 45 minutes or so.

Something on the news tonight shook me to my very core, and I don't think my heart will ever be the same.

It was a story of a precious baby boy, Austyn, from a town 90 miles north of here who lost his long battle with a rare bone disease. The entire story is here, if you have the time to read it.

But I think what hit me hardest was the smiles of purity and radiance on this precious child's face in just about every photo they took of him--despite what his poor little body was going through all those months. It was as if he was being flooded with so much love from his family and all the thousands of people in his community--that he had no choice but to radiate it back to everyone 1000-fold.

When I look at pictures of him...he seems (to me) to be an angel who visited this earth briefly to bring lots of joy and love, to unite people, and to create more awareness about this tragic disease, so that perhaps its cures can be stronger and better one day.



I have never been so utterly inspired by his family (a very close-knit, brave and loving family), and their perseverance. And taking the time to keep a live journal about their child's progress on his website.

I plan on attending the memorial when they have it (hopefully it won't be on a work night) and being there for them.

I've asked my sister if I can make a copy of a very beautiful song she wrote for another baby who died long ago...and give it to the family. I hope she says yes.

Life is so precious, my friends. Austyn may not have gotten to live much of his--but I am sure he received more love in his short time than some people have in an entire lifetime.

Namaste.

5 Comments:

Blogger An Urban Femme said...

Namaste.

8:37 AM  
Blogger Anica said...

THis story also brought me to tears as well.

Namaste.

12:39 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

*hug*

I can't read it right now but I will come back to it.

11:46 PM  
Blogger Joseph Gallo said...

Poor little guy. He looks as if he's filled with some great kind of secret that is here all around us. My heartfelt condolences to his family and I hope it didn't hurt him too much.

12:36 AM  
Blogger Mississippi Songbird said...

Yes, He is a precious angel...Thank you for sharing this..hugs

1:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home