My Photo
Name:
Location: Ohio, United States

I am on a fantastic journey, embracing life with everything I've got!

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Rockets of Desire Part I

I haven't posted much because I've been out doing lots of living in the moment, experiencing, and having revelations. Now I think I'm ready to record them.

I need to tell this story backwards, though. And how it all started with an in-room massage where I work.

I was giving an in-room massage to the Mexican nanny of some resort guests. So the cozy atmosphere was already rich with generosity, love and sweetness from people who were loving and appreciating someone dear to them. There was background music coming through the TV, set on a channel that played a sort of eclectic blend of soft rock/easy listening stuff. Suddenly, the opening chords to Bryan Ferry's "Slave to Love" came on. It jarred me out of my "zone" I slip into as I'm working, and immediately the board members in my head started discussing.

Member1: Heh...there's a song we used to love when we were all Pollyanna Idealist about deep & profound romantic love.

Member2: Yeah! Songs like that sure don't mean a f-ing thing anymore, do they? It's all fluff and sunshine...and infatuation.

Member3: *quietly contemplates opening her mouth...goes for it* I still believe.

Members 1 & 2: *aghast* WHAT?

Member3: You know we want to love again. And in order to do it, we have to believe. We have to make a conscious choice to smile in the face of recent adversity and believe it's out there...and that we'll find it. So we have to believe in this song.

Member2: She has a point.

Member1: Yeah, well what man has ever felt feelings for you, like the ones in this song, and done so consistently?

Member3: None...but do you really want to walk around as this bitter person who let some unworthy mates ruin her whole life experience? Does that sound very smart?

Member2: That is pretty defeatist, dude.

Member1: Fine. You two go ahead, and I'll just hang back and watch and pretend to believe...until I really feel it again one day.


And so, at that precise moment, I chose to believe again. I began to read my new book "Ask and It Is Given" about manifesting desires. The book tells me that Source (their word for God etc..) wants nothing but your happiness, and when you ask, what you desire is on the way. But it also cautions about one's internal dialogue. It urges us not to think about all the things that didn't work, and what we don't want...lest we attract that back into our life, because we're giving it so much energy.

The book calls this "sending rockets of desire" into the universe, and to keep feeling the feelings one would feel upon getting these things. This raises vibrational levels and opens the door so things can come in.

So, the launches began. I became very clear about what I wanted, and every so often, I stated what I wanted in my head. I felt the feelings of what it's like to have them. Not just in the way of lifemates, but book publishing and living arrangements as well.

4 Comments:

Blogger newwavegurly said...

The ending of my last relationship made me realize that I want to believe again as well. That any bitterness and resentment I had stored up due to the wrongs done me in past relationship were keeping me from entering into a new one with my whole heart.

Let the journey begin.

2:29 PM  
Blogger Mermaid Melanie said...

you know NWG that is a great thing to do.

And Lexi, i am so glad you are talking to yourself again! :lol:

inner dialogue is the only way i figure anything at all out. have to filter all the information and facts and dreams and signs, and events.

we are woman hear us roar, in numbers too big to ignore!

:kiss:

5:04 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

"Spiritual housecleaning" is such an appropriate phrase...

And you know what?

Any good recipe for love will require FRESH ingredients.

8:15 PM  
Blogger Anica said...

I am crying. and what NWG said is the truth for me as well. I am ready to be rid of my old stale ingredients and ready to go shopping.

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home