My Photo
Name:
Location: Ohio, United States

I am on a fantastic journey, embracing life with everything I've got!

Sunday, January 22, 2006

How did it get the name "meme" anyway?

Well, no one tagged me personally...*sniff* but two people opened it up to anyone, so...

Four jobs you've had:

1. Federal employee with a Top Secret Clearance (no, I can't tell you what I did, or I'll have to shoot you)

2. Elementary School Teacher.

3. Starbucks associate.

4. Textbook editor.

Four places you've lived:

1. Anderson, IN
2. Beavercreek, OH
3. Kettering, OH
4. Santa Barbara, CA

Four websites you visit daily:

1. Radio Paradise
2. Google
3. Santa Barbara Tides
4. My blog

Four television shows you love to watch:

1. Medium
2. ER
3. My Name Is Earl
4. (any that has a good movie)

Four of your favorite foods:

1. Prime Rib (with all the fixins)
2. Chinese Food
3. Sushi
4. Most Italian dishes with a good red wine

Four albums you can't live without (at least for the moment):

I can't, even for the moment, narrow this down. I just CAN'T!
1.
2.
3.
4.

Four places you'd rather be:

1. In the arms of my lifemate
2. Big Sur
3. Tuscany
4. Scotland

Four people to tag for this meme:

Everyone who hasn't been tagged--and who wants to participate! :)

4 Comments:

Blogger b said...

Since you asked. :)

Meme:

Dr. Richard Dawkins (biologist, author, and friend to Douglas Adams) coined this word in 1976 in his book "The Selfish Gene"- meme describes cultural data, (like Bach's 'ideons') which are passed from mind to mind - generation to generation, with all of the recombitant amd adventicious mutations that describe genetic differentiations relatives of families and societies. Others have described possible meme transmission directly through genetics, and more recently, through 'smart' viruses that rewrite the code of infected DNA.

The idea of Meme (from the greek mimema - to imitate) is powerful, beautiful, and IMO, is misunderstood and misused by many in the blogging community.

OK, done babbling.

I'll read your entry now :)

3:46 PM  
Blogger Mermaid Melanie said...

i told you this morning brandon knew the answer to this question.

just had to wait it out until he posted it! :lol:

I didn't even put the albums on my list. for the same reason you posted.

;-)

10:14 PM  
Blogger winter said...

Anderson, Indiana - headquarters of my fathers' church. What are the odds?

1:13 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Just 'cuz...

{{{HUG}}}

1:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home