My Photo
Name:
Location: Ohio, United States

I am on a fantastic journey, embracing life with everything I've got!

Thursday, January 05, 2006

The Power of Thoughts

Happy 2006!! I sincerely wish all the best for each and every once of us.

I can't believe it's almost been a whole year since I went to a workshop by one of my honored Zen teachers/authors, Cheri Huber. The last thing she said to me before I left was *wink* "See you in California."

There is a tool I've learned from her teachings, that I often get off the shelf to help acquire a miracle. It is the tool of realizing that a mere thought in my head is what's causing suffering. It can be not there one second, there the next, or not there in another. What I do with the thought is key.

Yesterday, I was angrier than I've ever been in a long, long time. As I cooked dinner, I seethed and wanted to break something. Then the phone rang. It was the yoga teacher from Sycamore Springs, returning my call!

Sycamore Springs is my spiritual getaway up in SLO-town (Avila Beach). I took her class when I went to a day-away there last October, and saw her advertisement for "Full Moon Yoga" that she holds there once a month. It involves aquatic yoga in a mineral springs pool/waterfall and regular yoga in their retreat center--all beneath the full moon. I was finally able to make the January class, and she gave me the details.

This woman (very spiritual, very laid back and very intuitive) told me, "You are very sweet and I look forward to seeing you." Thoughts spun in my head. How I'd like to work with her. Sycamore Springs is expanding their retreat center, and is the exact sort of place I've been looking for to do massage and other bodywork. In a more rural, peaceful, non-commercial and spiritual environment. She feels like an instrumental person up and coming in my life. We shall see.

When I hung up, there was no anger. No seething. Just a feeling of peace and exuberance.

In just one minute, the thought causing me pain was gone, because I chose to let it go.

Amazing.

Reality took over next day, and I did indeed stew some more, because I chose to pick the thought back up again. I don't think it'll rest until I've communicated to the person what I need communicate. But I will let my Higher Power guide me to the right time and place to do that.

In the meantime, if I remember to stay right here and now, all is well.

Namaste, baby.

4 Comments:

Blogger bhd said...

Amen about the here and now! Amen, too, about coming to understand what the Truth is. May it bring you peace, strength, and closure.

3:09 PM  
Blogger An Urban Femme said...

What the Universe said.

Have you ever thought of becoming a romance writer? ;)

7:16 PM  
Blogger Mermaid Melanie said...

Okay, jealous! i want to do some full moon yoga...

and my thoughts sure need a cleansing. Oh yes. someone needs to be out of them pronto! :wink:

:hug:

8:50 PM  
Blogger David said...

wow.

I'm speechless.

10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home