My Photo
Name:
Location: Ohio, United States

I am on a fantastic journey, embracing life with everything I've got!

Thursday, July 21, 2005

The "Sarah" Medicine

Tonight as I fixed dinner, I listened to Sarah McLachlan's very first CD "Touch." I bought it back in 1988, when she was relatively unknown (unless you listened to college or indie radio), and her voice was so high and pure and sweet and youthful.

One thing that always amazed me was how deep she could be at aged 19, and how much pain she had faced by that tender age.

I listened to it for the entire summer of 1989, when I weathered the first "you just want to curl up and die" heartbreaks of my life.

Tonight, my heart is in some incredible pain, and so I retrieved the Sarah Medicine...there are songs on that CD in which her voice reaches down into my chest and gently strokes that heart. And it needs it, believe me. There are so many ways in which it can love and be loved and give and be joyous....and it has...but in the area of romantic love, the vault door is locked up tight. I don't know where the key went.

A good friend told me once, "soothe yourself and the world soothes around you." So let the soothing continue...

4 Comments:

Blogger Mermaid Melanie said...

Good plan. I think i should do some of that myself.

5:27 PM  
Blogger newwavegurly said...

The first song I heard by Sarah was actually "Into The Fire" from her second album "Solace", but it had the same kind of impact on me that "Touch" had on you.

I don't know what to tell you about your heartache. I know what it feels like, and it doesn't matter how many kind and soothing words friends have for you, it doesn't make it hurt any less. What I can say is that you are truly loved by many people, and although it's not in the area of "romantic love", it is love nonetheless.

11:18 PM  
Blogger Anica said...

I remember listening to Sarah back in the day as well. Vox is still a piece I sing along with to help me release my emotions. Her range is incredible.

4:50 PM  
Blogger Alberto Avilés said...

Hello, Lexi:

I love the rhythm of your writing. Your ideas really flow.

I'm sure the same goes for how you practice massage therapy.

Where do you work?

My name is Alberto and my personal e-mail is dqliakn@aol.com

2:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home