My Photo
Name:
Location: Ohio, United States

I am on a fantastic journey, embracing life with everything I've got!

Thursday, July 07, 2005

Dances With Dolphins

I was taking an evening walk on the beach yesterday...it had been a particularly rough day mentally, as no work came in (again) and I panicked about money and survival in my new town.

A call came earlier from my sister (just as I hit my rock bottom), and she talked me back to my peaceful center and into a more hopeful place.

But the ocean was the icing on the cake that day--because I always draw strength from its awesome beauty and power. And that particular evening, I was given SUCH a huge gift.

It's no secret that the Channel Islands are teeming with dolphins, but every time I look out from the shore and catch a glimpse of a shiny gray dorsal fin, I get so excited. And there they were, right when I got to the shore--but wait! Were there....??...wow! About seven, lolling and arcing and circling one another. After another few minutes, more and more dolphins came to the party--I counted at least a dozen. Some skitted across the water like Flipper used to--others arced through the air and crossed midway...a bunch put their little bottle-noses together in a circle...still others did leapfrog or a waltz with one another. They were dancing. They were like a dolphin version of the June Taylor Dancers. Or Olympic Synchronized Swimming. I have never seen anything so lovely (in the ocean) in all my life. And I'd like to think the timing was sacred...that God/the Universe knew I needed that kind of beauty just then.

As if that wasn't good enough, I suddenly saw a black labrador dog's head surface. Hmmm...I didn't remember seeing a dog go running for a stick. I turned to look down the beach, and there were no dog owners anywhere in sight. I stood alone. I looked back in wonder....it was a seal! Looking right at me. If he'd raised a flipper and waved, I wouldn't have been surprised. I felt more enchanted in that moment than Snow White!

They had all come to visit me, to reassure me that I was in the right place--exactly where I'm supposed to be.

"Dolphin is the keeper of sacred breath of life, and teaches us how to release emotions through...breath..."

- Jamie Sams, Medicine Cards

According to certain Native American animal lore, dolphin comes to you to remind you to breathe, to pace yourself, to connect with the Divine and bring answers to your own questions.

The answer I got was...give it time to blossom. And don't be afraid.

I thought about answering a Help Wanted ad at a local drugstore...*sigh*...even though it would be nice to give 100% of myself to building my business.

Today I made lots of great contacts and networking associates...and am hoping it yields lots of opportunity!

Namaste. I honor the light in you all.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mermaid Melanie said...

you have received your sign. Let it be the sign. Be patient and breathe Lexie.

Sounds to me as if you were meant to settle in a bit. Find out if business is always slow in the summer. If you want to take that job at the drug store for a few months and it feels right, do it.

Strange how everything that is supposed to happen does. You are in the right place at the right time. And you are loved. And have friends and family to help you when or if you need it. Don't be afraid to ask.

glad that you are blogging. Miss talking to you. I do have my own issues right now...bleh.

did i say to breathe? BREATH. love you. ;-)

8:24 AM  
Blogger bhd said...

You are already giving 100% of yourself to pursuing your dream. Don't be discouraged if you have to do a little something else for money. Time takes time!

1:10 PM  
Blogger Anica said...

This is an excellent piece. May you find joy and love in your new surroundings.

2:54 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

The beauty isn't just around you, Lexie, it is IN you.

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home